Wednesday 25 May 2016

Quick Shells and Cheese






My daughter Brooke and I love macaroni and cheese. I prefer the homemade versions and she will on occasion eat the boxed variety. She likes the mini pasta shells and when I found this recipe from one of my favourite authors Ree Drummond I had to try it. This one is very quick and easy with lots of cheesy sauce. Pure and simple comfort food.

Quick Shells and cheese




Ingredients

1 pound (450 grams) mini shells pasta

2 cups whole milk

1 tablespoon butter

2 cups grated Cheddar cheese (old)

8 ounces Velveeta cheese,, diced

1 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

Freshly grated pepper




Directions




Cook the pasta according to the package directions.



Heat the milk and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cheeses and stir until melted. Stir in the pepper, salt and pepper.. Drain the pasta, and stir it into the cheese sauce. Serve immediately.



Heat butter and milk over medium heat.

Stir until butter melts.

Add the cheese.

Yummy cheesy goodness.

Drain the cooked past shells.

Add shells to the cheese. Add salt and pepper.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment