Tuesday 24 February 2015

Spicy Peanut Chicken Pizza




I found this recipe about 15 years ago in a Canadian Living magazine and it has become one of our favourite pizzas. Instead of the typical tomato sauce this pizza has spicy peanut satay sauce. I usually buy this sauce at Superstore, (President's Choice Brand). The sauce is not" spicy ho"t and kids of all ages can enjoy this pizza. If you like it hot add some minced jalapenos! I use our "No Knead" pizza dough found in the recipe index under "Breads". If you use the "No Knead" pizza dough recipe remember to half the recipe if you only want to make two pizzas. I like to make the whole recipe and freeze the remaining dough for another time. The bean sprouts add such a great crunch and freshness so don't leave them out.

This recipe makes 2, 12 inch pizzas




Ingredients:


2-3 boneless chicken breasts

1-2 Tablespoons olive oil

Salt and pepper to season chicken

2 unbaked 12 inch pizza bases (½ recipe “No Knead Pizza Dough”, Sistersluv2cook) or store bought.

1 Cup Tablespoons spicy peanut sauce (Divided between 2 pizzas)(use as much or little as you like)

4 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese (Divided)

1 Cup grated carrots(Divided)

4 green onions, chopped(Divided)

1-2 Cups bean sprouts(Divided)
1-2 minced jalapenos (optional)



Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink inside and juices run clear.

Allow meat to cool a little and then cut into small bite size pieces or thin strips.

Spread peanut sauce over pizza base.

Sprinkle the pizza with one cup of cheese.

Top with chicken, then the carrot, onions and remaining cheese.

Bake in a 500 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden and slightly puffed.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle with bean sprouts.

Print Recipe:Spicy Peanut Chicken Pizza

Cook the chicken breasts in a little olive oil over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool. Cut chicken into bite size pieces or thin strips. In the above photo I did not cut the chicken up yet.

Roll prepared pizza dough to approximate 12 inch circle. I used a pizza peel to roll my dough out as I then slide the dough from the pizza peel onto a hot circular pizza stone in my oven. If you do not have one simply roll dough out and place on pizza pan or cookie sheet.

This is the sauce I used, but feel free to use any brand that is available to you.

Spread sauce over pizza dough. I really like this sauce so I actually use more than what is stated in the recipe.

Top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle chicken, carrots, onions and then remaining cheese over pizza. I forgot to sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the pizza as you will see in the next photo, so don't forget!!!

As you can see I forgot to sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the pizza before I put it into the oven, so don't do what I did! If you look really close you can see the pizza stone under the pizza. It is one of my favourite things and really crisps up the pizza crust. Bake in 500 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Keep a eye on it so it doesn't burn!

Remove pizza from the oven. Your pizza will have more cheese bubbling on it!

Sprinkle with bean sprouts and jalapenos. 






No comments:

Post a Comment