Saturday 6 December 2014

Best Butter Tarts


These are the best butter tarts ever. Once I start eating these I simply cannot stop. I make my own pastry but you can use store bought. My advice is to make your own pastry, it may take a little more time but so  worth the extra effort, trust me!

Ingredients:


1/2  Cup currants

1/2  cup raisins

1  Cup chopped pecans

2  eggs

2  Cups brown sugar

1/2  cup melted butter

1/2  teaspoon salt

2  Tablespoon vinegar

1 teaspoon vanilla

24 unbaked tart shells




Soak raisins and currants in hot water, wash well, drain. Beat eggs, add brown sugar, butter, salt, vanilla and vinegar. Beat well.Stir in raisins and currants. Stir in pecans. Line muffin tin with pastry. Fill ¾ full with mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees until tarts are golden brown.

Print Recipe: Best Butter Tarts

Brat eggs.

Add brown sugar, salt, vanilla and vinegar.

Add raisins and currants.

Add chopped pecans.

Line muffins tin with pastry.

Fill with butter tart mixture. Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment