Sunday 31 May 2015

Beef and Bacon Sliders with Caramelized Shallots


Beef and Bacon Sliders with Caramelized Onions
These are tasty little square burgers that are topped with caramelized shallots. This recipe is great for company as it makes 24 mini burgers. The ground beef is mixed with uncooked chopped bacon which gives these little burgers taste and juiciness. The bacon and ground beef are combined and then pressed into a baking sheet and divided into 24 equal portions. A very easy and quick way to make a lot of burgers. In this recipe I made my own little mini Brioche buns but feel free to use any small bun of your liking. I slather each toasted bun with mayonnaise and a little ketchup, lettuce and then the onions, but add what you like. You can caramelize regular onions if you don't have shallots.

Shannon



Burgers:
8 strips of thick sliced bacon, chopped and frozen until hard to the touch.

3 pounds of ground beef


Pulse frozen bacon in the food processor until finely ground.

Add bacon to the ground beef.

Press the meat mixture into a 11 ½ by 16 ½ -inch baking sheet lined with plastic wrap.

Score meat into 24 equal pieces.

Flip the scored meat onto a cutting board. Discard the plastic wrap, and with a knife slice through all of your scored meat to have 24 separate pieces. Cover and refrigerate until ready to BBQ. I like to do this part ahead of time.

When ready to BBQ: Heat grill, cook hamburgers, top with cheese, melt.


Caramelized Shallots (burger topping):

5 Cups sliced shallots (10-12 shallots) or 3 onions

2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4  Cup olive oil


In a frying pan over medium heat saute the shallots with 2 teaspoons of Kosher salt and olive oil.

Cook until onions are caramelized.


Other Ingredients:


24 mini buns

Sliced cheese (12 slices)

lettuce (shredded)

mayonnaise (Real)

ketchup


Slice and butter buns. Toast on the BBQ after burgers are cooked.

Slather mayonnaise on each half the the buns.

Put a little ketchup on the bottom half.

Top with a little lettuce.

Place cooked burger with melted cheese over the mayonnaise

Top with a little of the caramelized shallot mixture.

Top with the bun and dig in.
Print Recipe:Beef and Bacon Sliders with Carameli

Pulse frozen bacon in food processor.


mix bacon with the beef

Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap and place beef mixture on top.

Press beef mixture evenly into pan.

Divide into 24 equal pieces.


Now flip or invert onto a cutting board or another baking sheet.

Remove the plastic wrap.

With a knife cut into scored sections.

I love brioche buns for hamburgers so I  made a couple dozen, but you can buy small sized buns of your choice.

When ready BBQ the burgers.

Top with cheese. I used sliced processed cheese cause I prefer that on my burger but you could use any kind you like.



To be honest I was so hungry that I forgot to take pictures and then I realized after my tummy was full that I forgot. So this picture does not show my bun toasted. I recommend a toasted bun. Top with mayo, ketchup and lettuce. 

Place the burger on bun. Top with caramelized onions and do this 23 more times!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment