Saturday 4 April 2015

Cuban Lunch Treats




My friend at work Kim recently gave me this recipe and it is definitely a winner!! When I was a kid growing up a "Cuban Lunch" was a chocolate bar. This was one of my mom's favourite treats and I can remember running to the little corner store and getting her one. Unfortunately McCormicks stopped making these chocolate bars many years ago but thanks to Kim for finding this recipe I can now create them in my kitchen. I used small cupcake paper liners but feel free to use any size you want.
Enjoy Shannon

  • 2 cups peanut butter chips
  • 2 cups butterscotch chips
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
  • 1 1⁄2 cups crushed ripple potato chips
  • 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts (salted or unsalted)
  • ½ Cup coconut

DIRECTIONS



  1. Melt together the peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate chips in top of a double boiler or in the microwave.
  2. Add crushed potato chips and peanuts and coconut to melted chocolate.
  3. Place cupcake paper liners on a large cookie sheet. Fill each liner.
  4. Chill until set.
  5. To speed up chilling time, pop them into the freezer for a few minutes.
Print Recipe:Cuban Lunch Treats

Melt the chips in a large bowl in the microwave or use a double broiler on the stove top.

Add crushed chips and peanuts.

If you like add coconut. 

Drop into paper liners.



1 comment:

  1. Delicious! There is a growing number of folks interested in bringing back the old tyme Canadian flavours.
    facebook: Canadian Candy Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete