Saturday 19 April 2014

Roasted Brussels Sprouts






Brussels sprouts have never been my favourite vegetable but I have recently been experimenting with them and I can now say I really like Brussels sprouts and I feel bad for ignoring them all these years! Instead of boiling I roasted them with pancetta which is an Italian bacon and then finishing with a little balsamic vinegar. Very tasty and I definitely will stop ignoring this vegetable.


Ingredients:

1 ½ -2 pounds Brussels Sprouts. trimmed and cut in half

6 oz pancetta, chopped into ¼ inch pieces

¼ Cup olive oil

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 Tablespoon GOOD balsamic vinegar




Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Place the sprouts on the sheet and toss the pancetta over them.

Sprinkle olive oil over top and the salt and pepper.

Toss with your hands to ensure everything is well distributed.

Roast the Brussels sprouts for about 25-30 minutes, or until tender and pancetta is cooked..

Remove from oven and drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the sprouts, toss.

Taste for seasoning and serve immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment